LIFE HAPPENS OUTDOORS LTD (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
LHO Website software (Website) [available on our site OR hosted on www.lifehappensoutdoors.com.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is LIFE HAPPENS OUTDOORS LTD of Flat 27 Montrose Building, 4 Malthouse Road, London, England, SW11 7BX.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Website and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to any of our Services, search for a Service, and when you report a problem with the Website, our Services, or any of our Sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login
information, photos, videos or other digital content, check ins, (Content Information);
- details of your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information).
Location information. We may also use [GPS technology] OR [OTHER TECHNOLOGY] to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose.
Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: We use it to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms and to respond to you when you contact us.
- Device information: We use this information to enhance our service across all platforms
and to ensure that feedback received can be properly addressed.
- Content Information: We use it to understand your preferences and provide you with a more user specific experience.
- Log information: We are able to deliver our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the provider or activities you are connected to and interested in on and off our Services.
- Location information: We use it to tailor our Services for you and others, like providing
you with payment options in your local currency. We also use this information to allow you to map the activities you have done in different geographic locations and share it on social media. We only log information when the Website is open on your device.
- Third Party Information: Use of third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Services, may receive information about what you book, like, or share.
- Unique application numbers: We use your unique application number to ensure that the
user participating in the experience is indeed linked to a specific device and not replicating the same user.
We may make use of the personal data We have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose some or all of the data we collect from you when you register or use the Website to the following third parties:
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If LIFE HAPPENS OUTDOORS LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of LIFE HAPPENS OUTDOORS LTD our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions [carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services] will be encrypted [using Secured Sockets Layer technology]]. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Flat 50 Grove End Gardens, 33 Grove End Road, London NW8 9LN OR email@example.com.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
To change data, simply tap the profile section of the website and amend your data. If an error occurs contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.